Forum: Post-Post-Maiden

Forum huvudsida -> Kommentarer -> Bloggar -> Post-Post-Maiden

Sidor: 1

Till botten

derfian 01:27 - 5:e Mars 2007 | Post #1
Medlem

Skicka PM

The fact that Iron Maiden played the entire new album A Matter of Life And Death live as the first part of their shows this tour shows that they’re proud of the album - and it’s by no means a bad album with For The Greater Good of God as the highlight. However, some songs on the new album feels very stretched in their live setting. I somehow got a feeling that I was listening through the main dish eagerly awaiting the dessert.After the last notes of The Legacy faded out, the band got back to their ’80s roots with Fear of the dark, Two minutes to midnight, after which the band left the stage. To the liking of the audience, they came back and played Iron Maiden, The Evil That Men Do and finally Hallowed be thy name as extras. Needless to say, the crowd went extatic over these flawlessly performed pieces. The entire Globe arena singing along (and almost reaching the same loudness as the band itself) in Fear of the dark is, simply put, overwhelming. My highlight of the show was however The Evil That Men Do, one of my favourite songs, and one that I certainly didn’t expect to hear.

Summing up, the show was very enjoyable. While I would’ve loved to hear more of their old material, the band seemed to have a good time, and they aren’t afraid of breaking old patterns. A very professional show by a band who appears to enjoy the road. And since they promised to come back for a show concentrating on their mid ’80s efforts, ’til next time, Maiden!

Sidor: 1

Forum huvudsida -> Kommentarer -> Bloggar -> Post-Post-Maiden
Atom feed

Du får inte posta i den här tråden | Till toppen