Forum: Freeciv 2 ute nu!

Forum huvudsida -> Kommentarer -> Nyheter -> Freeciv 2 ute nu!

Sidor: 1

Till botten

Independence 21:48 - 18:e April 2005 | Post #1
Administratör

Skicka PM
FreeCiv 2.0.0 har nu släppts, detta är ett av de få bra open source-spelen i mitt tycke. Iom v 2.0.0 borde det bli ännu lite bättre. Vad det handlar om är alltså en open source klon av Sid Meyers Civilization. Ett stort plus är ju att spelet fungerar på många plattformar också.
Screenshot
http://www.freeciv.org/ (Lite nerstrippad pga slashdottad)

-------------------------

Vi är riddarna som säger fiskbulle!

ozamosi 22:50 - 18:e April 2005 | Post #2
Administratör

Skicka PM
Definitionen för geek:
I can beat many AIs on "hard" with only about 20 cities, each with either 2 or 3 tiles in between them (2 is preferable, as a unit can move in one turn from one city to another). My trick is to get the Great Library straight up (going for Republic anyway), let them research the "important" techs, and go straight for theology.

By the time I have theology, I usually have 20 cities each with a defensive unit and a workers. (more around "border" cities). I have the workers build roads to the cities, and set them all to build caravans. Then I pump out JS Bach's Cathedral and Michelangelo's chapel. Then I set my luxuries to 80% and use rapture growth to get all my cities to 8 (I use workers to ensure each city can get to enough food). At that point, I go for economics, get Adam Smiths, and build a granary, marketplace, temple, courthouse, city walls, aqueduct, etc. in every city. The aqueducts cost 2, but everything else is free! So I then rapture grow to 12 and keep luxuries at 10%, taxes at 10%, and science at 80%.

At that point I'll be about even in tech with the Great Library (electricity will be a ways off for the AI), and have the highest population and research techs the fastest. At that point I'm unstoppable.

I recommend you don't play on a huge map, since after a while the unchecked expansion of the computers will make turns take all day.
http://games.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=146444&cid=12269108

-------------------------
Ljusblå

Sidor: 1

Forum huvudsida -> Kommentarer -> Nyheter -> Freeciv 2 ute nu!
Atom feed

Du får inte posta i den här tråden | Till toppen